A unique way to learn about the complexities that shape U.S. politics
The Inauguration 2021 Academic Seminar is shaping up to be one of the most impactful and influential seminars you’ll attend as a student. Through the presentations, panel sessions and small group discussions, you’ll hear a wide variety of perspectives, get insight into the history of current political issues, and develop a deeper understanding of the American political process. Plus, educational briefings will help you explore Washington, D.C. virtually, taking you into government agencies, think tanks, media outlets and more to give you a behind the scenes look at how our nation’s capital works. Don’t miss this truly unique opportunity to engage with distinguished speakers amidst the backdrop of a global pandemic and other social, economic, environmental and health issues.
What you’ll gain:
- Learn about and deepen your understanding of the state of democracy in the U.S.
- Learn how to articulate your views, how to have an impact and effect change
- Gain valuable insight into contemporary American politics that cannot be achieved in the classroom
- Participate in intense discussions and debates on hot-button issues, while improving critical thinking skills
- Have on-demand access to the virtual session recordings for one year
- Have an opportunity to earn academic credit through your school
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program. Recent graduates may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Be in good standing at your college or university.
- Maintain a GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale. Students with lower GPAs may be considered.
- Get approval from your campus liaison or a faculty sponsor.
- Commit to fully participate in the program and complete all assignments.
Program Cost: $1,500
- Access to all sessions (presentations and panels)
- Small group discussions with a Faculty Leader
- Virtual Educational Briefings
- Access to the learning management system to work on assignments assigned by your Faculty Leader and view the Faculty Director’s curated reading list
- 24/7 on-demand access to the session recordings via the event portal for one year
To participate, you must apply by November 11, 2020